Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Summer PULL Circuit

Here is a PULL CIRCUIT:  Back, Biceps and Active Rest


You will need DBs and BBs.  You will also need a timer or be near a clock for your Active Rest Sets.  I have shown videos of all Active Rest Sets.  I can tag you if needed.

I will be posting a Video in a few of the DB Pullovers ( great for Lats ) and the Good Mornings.  Good Mornings are an exercise I like to use for my lower back.  HOWEVER, you will also be working your Hamstrings and Glutes as well.  
**Ye have been WARNED.

AND, if you are unsure of what 21's are I have a "HOW TO" post back in my feed, I can tag you if needed.  Google is also a great place to look up exercises for explanation.

Complete 3 rounds of each circuit before moving to the next.  Start out with the heaviest weight you can manage with good form.  By round 3, if you need to go down a couple pounds you can.

These are great workouts if you challenge yourself.  Move quickly from one exercise to the next will little rest.  ENJOY!!!  

PHOTO CRED: @shanwest00 that's my sis taking the pic and her son @gagewest_22 in the yellow shades fishing Deer Creek in Utah.


Here is the video to go along with the "PULL" workout I posted this morning.

Watch it HERE


GOOD MORNINGS: 
Works the lower back AND your hamstrings/Glutes.  It's a great exercise for lots of areas. 

You want to start with your feet about shoulder width apart or a little wider.  Your first move is to bend at the hips, pushing your butt back.  When you do this, also keep your back arched/straight, NEVER rounded.  This also keeps the bar from rolling up unto your neck.  Keep your head and chest up.  On your motion back to start, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEZE your glutes, especially at the end of the movement.  I used a 50lb BB. 

DB PULLOVERS:  

for your lats-- the back "bra-bulge" area.  Place your upper back/shoulders on a bench.  Yes, your head should be hanging off a bit.  Grab the dumbbell with your palms on the underside of the DB and a slight bend in your arms.  You will lower the DB slowly in an arc behind your head until you feel a stretch in your lats and your chest (your chest will be working too).  Raise the DB back up until it is over your chest.  I used a 35lb DB.

AND, while you're in that position, there is no better time than to SQUEEEEEEZE your glutes some more!  I keep mine flexed during the ENTIRE move. 

P.S. My videos are sped up to show more reps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment