Thursday, October 9, 2014

Commit to the Habit you want to Create


Exercising consistently is how you build up your cardiovascular system and how you gradually get your muscles to grow.  CONSISTENCY is what gets you results!  In the case of exercise, working out at least 4 days a week is about what it takes to get you seeing some results.  Not 4 days this week and skipping next week, then only 1-2 days the following week and then skipping 2 weeks.  IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! If you want to create a habit out of working out, then you NEED to be CONSISTENT!

It seems like I hardly skip a workout right?  How do I stay so motivated and consistent?

- I have found an exercise routine that I LOVE, so I am having fun!  It doesn't feel like a chore. I look forward to getting my sweat on.  I have found what is fun for ME!

- My workouts are never the same.  I am constantly changing up my lifts and cardio.

- Get yourself a workout buddy.  I can still manage a workout on my own.  Sometimes it is just what I need.  Although I will say, having a workout buddy is great. Especially if you are a morning workout goer.  This has saved me more than once from pushing that snooze button.  Working out with someone always feels like a fun social outing and the perfect way to mentally push yourself.

- Workouts for me are scheduled in the mornings.  Nothing is popping up at 6AM so therefore I rarely miss a workout.  No excuses get in my way that early in the morning.  This is my number one tip!!!  Early mornings workout are THE BEST way to go.  I promise it will change your life.  BUT- there is no wrong time or right time to workout.  What's important is that you get it done!



No comments:

Post a Comment