Monday, April 27, 2015

Side Steppin' on the Stairs

Who likes to start their week off with a good sweaty workout?!?  I do.  I truly believe a good Monday workout can set the tone for an awesome week ahead.  Try this one out:


Side Climbing on the Stairs:  Glutes and Inner/Outer Thigh



The first part of the video I am crossing my leg over the front onto every other step but my following leg is taking the next closest step.

The second part of the video I am taking every other step with BOTH legs. .....the cross in front leg and the following leg.  I really feel a burn on that second move.

All on the same side, I would do the first move for 1-minute and then the second move- ( every other step with both legs ) for one minute.  THEN, I would do the same for the other leg.  2 mins on one side then switch.

Really focus on pushing in your heel when it hits the step to push you up.  And P.S. For the people who will freak out because I am holding on.... I am simply resting my hand and it's there in case I need to catch myself and balance.  Trust me, my legs are working and I'm breathing.  

And yes, sometimes even when I walk straight on the stairs I rest my hands too!  The stairs are hard no matter how you do them.
  
I GIVE TWO HIGH FIVES TO PEOPLE WHO BRAVE THE STAIRS IN THE FIRST PLACE! 
Who cares if ya need to hold on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment