Thursday, May 29, 2014

PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED FRENCH TOAST


PEANUT BUTTER STUFFED FRENCH TOAST

PB2 is a great alternative to regular peanut butter that doesn't come with all the fat and calories.  I love this stuff cause it still lets me eat my 2 TBS of almond butter every day without feeling like I have had too much PB.  

-2 TBS of PB2 has 45 calories and 1.5g of fat
VS
-2 TBS of almond butter has 190 calories and 16g of fat

They both offer the same amount of protein.  Yes, PB is a great source of healthy fat and I do have almond butter almost daily.  PB2 is good for a PB lover like me who wants more than 2 TBS of PB a day.

In this recipe:
-2 slices of Ezekiel low sodium sprouted grain bread
-egg whites mixed with unsweetened coconut almond milk
-2 TBS PB2 mixed with 1 TBS almond butter and water
-sliced banana
-dash of cinnamon
-2 slices turkey bacon
-low sodium V8

No comments:

Post a Comment